From: A.W. Kowlowski, Central Connecticut State U., New Britain, CT 06050
Beilstein and Gmelin
Gmelin: Ruthenium Compounds
- What mixed complexes exist with both water and halide ions as ligands?
- What mixed complexes exist with both ammonia and halide ions?
- How many oxidation states of Ru exist as halides or complexes with halide ions? Give examples.
- What oxidation states of Ru are known as cyano complexes?
- What appears to be the maximum number of pyridine molecules which can coordinate to Ru? Give examples.
Beilstein: Identify the assigned compounds as index compounds, substitutional
derivatives, or functional derivatives. Give Beilstein reference for main work
and as many supplements as available.
Return to Chemical Information Courses Page
Return to Teaching Chemical Information
Please contact Grace Baysinger at email@example.com for further information.