1.What will you demonstrate?
. Power of searching?
. Typical search for audience?
. Emphasize content or logistics (i.e., truncation symbol, how to print)?
2. Demonstrate access points to information.
. Combining several concepts (boolean)
. Avoiding nomenclature uncertainties (structures)
. Avoiding indexing limitations (headings vs free-text)
3. What if you cannot go online in class?
. Store results from earlier search
and go through "screens".
- Can do in several ways:
· do PowerPoint capture
· take "snapshots" from Internet and store on desktop
· use word processing stored search
· use transparencies of actual search printouts
Article about Internet demos.
Using Netscape as a Presentation Manager Van Bramer, Scott: ChemConf'97, Summer On-Line Conference on Chemical Education, June 1 - August 1, 1997. paper No. 1