Centro de Investigaciones y Estudios Superiores en Antropología Social (CIESAS), Mexico
Centro de investigaciones y Estudios Superiores (CIESAS) is one of Mexico's leading research institutes in the field of Social Anthropology with 150 researchers in 7 locations. The largest office is in Mexico City, but exchange opportunities are available throughout the CIESAS network.
University of Costa Rica (UCR)
The University of Costa Rica (UCR) is located in San Pedro in the province of San Jose. It is a comprehensive university with over 39,000 students and is one of the leading universities in Central America.
Graduate Exchanges – Application Period CLOSED for 2011-2012
- Funding is available to cover airfare and living expenses for up to 1 academic semester during the 2011-2012 academic year; please note that exchange stay could not begin before August 15, 2011, or end any later than June 30, 2012.
- Spanish proficiency in graduate-level work is required, and application materials should identify at least one or two appropriate faculty supervisors at the host institution. Applicants are strongly encouraged to establish contact with prospective faculty supervisors, based on perceived mutual interests and expertise, and to provide evidence of initial willingness to provide such sponsorship.
- After an initial IU-based review of applications, CLACS will assist selected applicants as needed in translating their materials into Spanish for review at the host institutions, and for finalizing mentorship arrangements.
- For more information on the UCR exchange, and to submit online application materials, see: http://www.indiana.edu/~ovpia/ovpia/funding/UofCostaRica.php
- For more information on the CIESAS exchange, and to submit online application materials, see: http://www.indiana.edu/~ovpia/ovpia/funding/CIESAS.php
Faculty Exchange at CIESAS or UCR– Application deadline extended to January 20, 2011
• Funding is available to cover airfare and living expenses for up to 1 month in residence during the 2011-2012 academic year
• Application materials should identify at least 1 potential faculty interlocutor at the host institution
• To apply online, please see: http://www.indiana.edu/~ovpia/ovpia/funding/uWide.php#SFE
Interested individuals for either exchange opportunity should contact Matthew J. Van Hoose, CLACS Interim Associate Director, at mjvanhoo [at] indiana.edu or (812)-855-8920.