- For entrance into the area certificate program, a student shall have at least a B– average or the permission of the Latin American & Caribbean Studies director. Any course in which the student earns a grade below C– may not be used to fulfill a certificate requirement.
- A total of 24 credit hours in approved Latin American & Caribbean Studies courses, including one seminar on the region and the L210-L211 course sequence. At least 9 of the 24 credit hours must be at the 300-400 level.
- Six credit hours in Spanish or Portuguese beyond the College of Arts and Science foreign language requirement. (Oral Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese must be demonstrated.)
- A maximum of 3 credit hours in the student's major may be credited toward the area certificate.
- The overall grade average for coursework fulfilling the certificate requirements must be a B or above.
Please see the CLACS courses page for more information about specific courses.
To schedule an advising appointment with Natalie Techentin, the CLACS Undergraduate Academic Advisor, use Starnet. Search for "Natalie Techentin" and please reference LTAM or CLACS in your appointment notes. If the Starnet appointment times do not work in your schedule, please email ndwittma[at]indiana.edu or call 812-855-3118 to schedule another time.