Procedures at IU Bloomington
I. Student Complaint Procedures
Indiana University has established procedures for students to follow when they believe that any of their rights, as defined in the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct, have been violated by a member of the university community.
Information about procedures for filing complaints can be found in the following sections:
- Complaints Against Members of the University Faculty and Administration
- Complaints Against Other University Employees
- Complaints Against Members of the University Faculty, Administration, or Other University Employees Involving Discrimination, Including Harassment
- Complaints Against Other Students
- Complaints Against Student Organizations
- Complaints by Student Organizations
Complaints against graduate students in their role as course instructors are considered in accordance with Section A. Complaints against graduate students in their role as students are considered in accordance with Section D. Students employed by the university who wish to file complaints arising from their employment should consult the student employment office or personnel overseeing employment issues about the appropriate procedures.