Part IV: General Provisions, Definitions, Adoption Provisions, and Appendices
For purposes of this Code, the term “student” includes the following:
- A person who is admitted or enrolled in any credit-bearing course or program in any school or division of Indiana University.
- A person who is admitted to Indiana University and is present on a campus for the purpose of being enrolled in any credit-bearing course or program in any school or division of Indiana University.
- A person who has been admitted and enrolled in any credit-bearing course or program in any school or division of Indiana University and continues to be associated with Indiana University because of failure to complete the course or the program in which the person was enrolled.
- A person who is not admitted to the university, but who is taking classes to transfer to another university, for personal enrichment, or in preparation to apply to a graduate program.
- For the purposes of this Code, “student” includes all students enrolled on the campuses of Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) or Columbus.
Faculty or Faculty Member
In this Code, the terms “faculty” or “faculty members” include all who teach and/or do research at the university, including (but not limited to) tenure-track faculty, librarians, holders of research or clinical ranks, lecturers, graduate students with teaching responsibilities, visiting and part-time faculty, and other instructional personnel including coaches, advisors, and counselors.