Calendar August 2012 - May 2013
- 85th Anniversary Concert, IU Auditorium, Sun. Nov. 4, 2012
- Senior Showcase, freshman will perform, Sun. Dec. 9, 2012
- Global Perspectives - IU Dance Theatre Annual Faculty and Guest Artist Concert, Ruth N. HallsTheater, Fri.- Sat., Jan. 11-12, 2013
- Hammer & Nail, Buskirk-Chumley Theater, April 9-10, 2013
Fall Semester 2012
- 13-25 -Connie Dinapoli in residence setting Paul Taylor’s Esplanade for 85th Anniversary Concert
- 20 CLASSES BEGIN, Modern dance technique classes D211 & D311, and ballet, D100, combined until Tuesday, September 4.
- 21 Auditions for African American Dance Company (AADC) at the Neal Marshall Black Culture Center (NMBCC) Dance Studio, A217, 7:00 p.m.
Students should begin to meet with their academic advisor(s) in order to obtain registration approval for spring course schedule.
- 3 - Labor Day, classes do not meet
- 4-7 - Auditions for January 2013 IU Dance Theater Faculty/Guest Artist Concert & for 85th Anniversary Concert
- 9 - oga for Aid Challenge, 11:00am, Vibe Yoga Studio, followed by Hammer and Nail Speed Dating for choreographers enrolling in D421 or by invitation.
10 rovisional Casting and Rehearsal Schedule posted for IUDT, IUDT rehearsals begin.
- 17 - Last day to drop a First 8 weeks course with an automatic “W” by 4:00 p.m.
- 18 - Dance for Parkinson’s at Windfall Dance Studio begins, every Tues. 11:30a-12:30p
- 22-30 - Liz Koeppen in residence setting David Parson’s Nascimento Novo
- 7-11 - Connie Dinapoli returns to rehearse, coach Esplanade
- 12 - Fall Break, classes do not meet
- 15-17 - William ‘Bill’ Evans in residence setting Rite of Summer
- 17 - Last day to drop a full semester course with an automatic “W” by 4:00 p.m.
- 30 – Nov. 4 - Connie Dinapoli returns to rehearse, coach and tech. Paul Taylor’s Esplanade
- 4 - 85th Anniversary Concert at the IU Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
- 9 - First audition for the dance major for the 2013-14 academic year
- 12 - last day to drop a Second 8 weeks course with an automatic “W” by 4:00 p.m.
- 18 - Thanksgiving recess begins after last class
- 25 - Classes resume
- 6 - AADC Studio Concert, 7:30 p.m.
- 9 - Senior Dance Major’s Showcase, John Waldron Auditorium Freshman choreography is performed, 3:00 & 5:00 p.m.
- 16-20 - Final Examination week– Indiana University Dance Theatre will rehearse during this period
Spring Semester 2013
- 3 - Dancers return for rehearsals for Faculty/Guest Artist Concert
- 9 - CLASSES BEGIN. Academic Advising begins for all students. Students should begin to meet with their academic advisor(s) to obtain registration approval for summer/fall course schedule. Class permissions are available from academic units
- 11-12 - Annual Faculty & Guest Artist Concert, Ruth N. Halls Theatre, Bloomington, IN, 7:30 p.m.; family matinee on January 12.
- 15-18 - Auditions for Hammer and Nail Concert, Choreographic Performance Project
- 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Official Holiday, classes do not meet
- 1 - Taylor 2 performance at the IU Auditorium, 8:00 p.m.
- TBA - NSAL Contemporary Dance Competition
- 15 - Second audition for the dance major for the 2013-14 Academic Year
- 22-23 - AADC Annual Workshop
- 9 - Spring recess begins after last class.
- 17 - Classes resume.
- 24-28 - American College Dance Festival, Central Region Conference, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Giradeau, MO
- Early Registration using OneStart Self-Service for all currently enrolled students
- 6 - AADC Annual Spring Concert, Buskirk Chumley Theatre
- 9-10 - Hammer and Nail Concert at the Buskirk Chumley Theatre, 5:30 and 8:30 p.m., please note this is a Tuesday and Wednesday!
- TBA - Artsweek
- 29-May 3 - Final Exam Period
High School Summer Dance Intensive & Advanced Professional Workshop with Keigwin and Company of New York City, July 2013. Visit Summer Programs for more information.
IU Contemporary Dance | Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance | Lee Norvelle Center, 275 N. Jordan Ave, Bloomington, IN 47405 | (812) 855-7020