Summer Programs - High School Summer Dance Intensive & Advanced Professional Workshop
Join the IU Contemporary Dance Program this summer for an exceptional experience in dance training with the IU High School Summer Dance Intensive.
The High School Summer Dance Intensive will run July 5-July 17 and feature IU faculty plus guest artists! Find out what it means to major in dance in college!
2015 SUMMER REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED CAMPER SEE THE POSTED DETAILS AND LINKS BELOW:
Link to 2015 Summer Faculty bios
Please open, print out and complete the photo release form at this link. IMPORTANT: We will collect the completed release form when you arrive on July 5th.
Please plan to arrive at Forest Dorm’s where staff will be ready to sign you in between 2-5pm, 1725 East Third Street / Bloomington, IN 47406-7509 / 812-855-5311
The Informal Showing will be at 3:30pm in the SPH Dance Studio 161, 1025 E. Seventh St, Bloomington IN 47406
Please check out and depart immediately following the showing.
FAQ’s & Suggestions
- There will be no pointe work in ballet class, point shoes are not needed.
- Bring a journal or notebook to write in during the day in classes.
- Bring layers to wear in the dance studio, temperature fluctuates
- Bring comfortable walking shoes and sun and rain protection
- We do have two outings planned for one meal and one snack off campus, dancer’s should have some ‘pocket’ money available
IU Contemporary Dance | Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance | 275 N. Jordan Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47405 | (812) 855-7020