Below lists the latest in alumni news.
- Marisa Santiago, Dance minor, is Hubbard Street Dance Chicago's Touring Coordinator.
- Abigail Lansdown was accepted into the University of Oklahoma's Master of Public Health and will begin in the fall of 2012. She is also working at Saint Francis Hospital's medically based fitness center, Health Zone, as a Fitness Specialist as well as with Portico Dans Theatre as a choreographer and Tulsa Modern Movement as rehearsal director.
- Salena Watkins has been hired to create a new dance program for a Center for the Arts in Hinsdale, IL. Recent grad Rachel Newbrough has been hired to instruct in the program.
- Carly Gessin is teaching yoga and dance at the Y at Central Park West and also as marketing manager for Condé Nast Traveler.
- Jenna Blumfeld is Assistant Editor for Delicious Living magazine and Contributing Editor for The Expeditioner online travel website. She is also a member of AscenDance Project, a fusion of rock climbing and dancing.
- Jordan Mazur continues to dance with Missouri Contemporary Ballet, and has opened up her own fitness studio, Muse Pole Fitness.
- Kelsey Breece is a featured dancer with Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Kevin Carmichael is the Competition Team Director at The Brooklyn Dance Center, Brooklyn, NY and the East Coast Director / Judge / Emcee for Cathy Roe's Ultimate Dance Competition. Recently, his choreography was selected to perform in the 2012 AIM Invitational Showcase at the Ailey Citigroup Theater, sponsored by Broadway Dance Center.
- Maureen Maryanski received the Dance Heritage Coalition Dance Preservation Fellowship and will be working at the Dance Notation Bureau during the summer of 2012.
- Meaghan McGill is dancing with Motus Dance Theatre in Indianapolis, IN and has recently been selected as an Emerging Choreographer for the November production, Cultivate. She has also been promoted to an Operations Analyst for the Indiana Department of Transportation.
- Melanie Griffin is serving as an intern for the Human Impacts Institute which is an environmental NGO that works to foster environmental outreach through media, education, and the arts.
- Katie Biegel’s choreography, In Between, was selected for performance at the Gala Concert at the American College Dance Festival Association’s annual conference at Grand Valley State University.
- Esther Widlanski was hired by Princeton University as a choreographer for their production of the musical "Pippin," which ran April 13-21, 2012 at the McCarter Theatre Center.
- Kristine Jones is performing in a work titled Control Dominion at Anita's Way with Bodystories on October 4th and 5th in New York, New York.
- Sierra Codalata has been accepted into the Master of Fine Arts program at Oklahoma University.
- Stephanie (Scott) Neiser is currently working as a professional ballroom dancer also teaching dance at several studios. Additionally, she is working as a personal trainer and group exercise instructor.
- Elizabeth Jenkins is currently a full-time dancer and entertainer at Walt Disney World Parks.
- Mollie O’Reilly is the Food & Housing Coordinator for the American Dance Festival.
- Leah Boresow is a performing member of gloALT in Atlanta, GA and has also been named company manager.
- Laura Montgomery has started her graduate studies in occupational therapy at IUPUI in Indianapolis.
- Kelly McCormick Bangs and Jamie Dowd have been hired as adjunct instructors in the IU Contemporary Dance Program beginning fall, 2012.
- Salena Watkins has been hired to create a new dance program for a Center for the Arts in Hinsdale, IL.
- Andranise Baxter performed with The Nicholas Owens Dance Company at Spotlight 2012 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Jingze “Harry” Wang will begin medical school at the University of Chicago in the fall of 2012.
- Nate Erwin has been hired as a dance teacher and assistant color guard director position at Ben Davis High School in Indiana.
For additional news about our alumni, visit the Alumni Site.
IU Contemporary Dance | Department of Kinesiology | 1025 E. 7th Street, Room 112, Bloomington, IN 47405 | (812) 855-5523 | FAX: 812-855-3193