The IU Contemporary Dance Program faculty are always in the spotlight, with performances, educational, and community events.
- Director Elizabeth Shea is Featured in Art at IU!
- Sherilyn Nott Foley performed in "Hairspray" with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, led by Principal Pops Conductor Maestro Jack Everly. The concert featured former Monkees band member Micky Dolenz and John Waters, who wrote and directed the 1988 film "Hairspray" that the 2005 Broadway musical and the 2007 film version were based on.
- Director Elizabeth Shea served as guest artist for Eisenhower Dance Company’s 2011-12 season. She also presented choreography at the 13th Bi-Annual Symposium on Art and Technology, New London, CT and at the Society for Electro-Acoustic Music’s Conference in Appleton, WI. Liz was also selected as part of DANCE2050 Symposium in Philadelphia, and was awarded a fellowship with the IU Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities.
- Gwendolyn Hamm has received a Fran Snygg Artistic Collaboration Award for her work with an etude of Donald McKayle’s Rainbow ‘Round My Shoulder. She is also a founding member of
The Top 20 II Girls Mentoring Program, an organization which just received a grant for $15,000 from the East Chicago (Indiana) Foundation.
- Dance faculty member Selene Carter's writing on dance improvisation will be featured in the book Identity, Performance and Technology, published by Palgrave Macmillan. She was also recently awarded her certification in the Bill Evans Laban based Modern Dance Technique after completing four summers of intensive study in developing a personal pedagogy of dance technique.
- Dance production instructor Sarissa Sulliman was recently stage manager for “Fall for Dance” at City Center in NYC and was production stage manager for Blast! In Yeosu, South Korea; she continues to stage manager for the Trisha Brown Dance Company.
- Jennifer Adam served as rehearsal director or Paul Taylor’s Company B and also provided teaching and choreography for the IU Ballet Department’s summer program.
- Sherilyn Nott Foley directed Algy’s Costumes catalog shoot on the IU Campus this spring and the Algy Runway Fashion Show. She is also the featured Irish Step Dancer with the band “Celtica” and
returned for a third summer to teach jazz at IU School of Music’s Ballet Summer Intensive.