Applications: Achievers Summer Academy
- 2013 Online Application coming up
- Deadline: May 10th, 2013
- Send in most recent transcript. Requires 2.5 G.P.A.
- Send in two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher and one from a counselor.
- Fill out and send in the Medical Consent Form.
- Click here for a list of things to bring.
Achievers Summer Academy
Headline: High school studentsparticipate in a number of academic workshops and attend various presentations such as, SAT/ACT preparation, test taking strategies, financial aid, college planning, time management and goal setting.
( Scholarship assistance is limited & available on a first come basis )
In response to numerous requests over the past few years, the Office of Community and School Partnerships is offering the Achievers Summer Academy, a residential Summer camp for high school age students who enter 10th, 11th, or 12th grade, in the fall of 2012 (current year). The Achievers Summer Academy provides students with firsthand experience of what to expect in college and how to prepare effectively for college life while in high school. The Academy will take place on the Indiana University Bloomington campus in the second week of June. Enrollment is limited and students will be selected for participation by a committee of IU staff and ASA counselors.
Academics + Activities = A Winning Combination
Besides attending daily classes in English, mathematics, and critical thinking, campers will participate in college planning workshops and have the opportunity to explore the campus. IU faculty and staff members, graduate and undergraduate students, and community volunteers will teach classes and supervise all activities to ensure the safety and security of all participants. Free-time activities might include bowling, campus tours, sports activities, and interactive games.
We invite high school students to register for the Achievers Summer Academy if they:
- Are completing 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
- Are dedicated to preparing for college, willing to participate in all programs, and interested in academic and recreational activities.
- Have the permission and authorization of their parent/guardian.
- Provide the $200 Achievers Summer Academy program fee.
Applications for the Achievers Summer Academy are available online or by calling the office to request a paper application. Space is limited; therefore, students who are interested in participating,should register early.
Program Dates for 2013:
June 9-14th, 2013
Thank you for your interest and assistance. For more information, please contact the Office of Community and School Partnerships at (812) 856-5935 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.