CRRES Affiliated Faculty
The CRRES Affiliated Faculty are a diverse group of scholars from Indiana University who have a central interest in the study of race and ethnicity. Membership as a faculty affiliate is open to all IUB tenure-track faculty members, IUB lecturers who have acquired a Ph.D., and Emeritus IUB faculty whose teaching and/or research activities involve the topic of race and ethnicity. Affiliates bring a wide range of professional research experiences to CRRES. They are, therefore, relied upon to provide input to help shape the future direction of CRRES.
- CRRES offers a presentation outlet for faculty projects that focus on race and ethnicity.
- CRRES provides a supportive environment and affiliates have access to a network of junior and senior affiliated faculty members who share, mentor, and, where appropriate, collaborate on research relating to race and ethnicity.
- CRRES sponsors visiting scholars, colloquia, conferences, and other related activities. These activities provide interdisciplinary contacts and connections, improve research opportunities, and foster the development of the study of race and ethnicity.
- CRRES provides a support network for graduate students working with CRRES faculty affiliates.
- Attend CRRES guest speaker presentations, conferences, and/or open houses.
- Serve on award committees or co-organize events at CRRES.
- Include one’s CRRES affiliation on published work that received feedback from CRRES associates.
Applying to Become an Affiliate
Faculty members interested in becoming affiliates should send the following information to the Director at crres indiana.edu:
- A cover letter expressing interest in becoming a member of the CRRES Affiliated Faculty, a description of current and planned research related to race and ethnicity, a plan for continued participation in CRRES (see the list of expectations commitments above).
- A current CV.
The Director will review the materials sent by the prospective affiliate faculty member and distribute the materials to the Advisory Board for review. Faculty affiliates are appointed for three-year terms and membership may be renewed by the Advisory Board.