The Center serves higher education through engaging partners in discourse on research and assessment on fraternities and sororities. We work with our many partners to promote existing research, support and advise new research and support endeavors to conduct research and assessment. To this end, we have some publications available for our members.
Publications are FREE to CSCF members. Kindly send an email to email@example.com, detailing the publications you would like to receive, and these will be sent to you as PDF files. If you are not a current CSCF member and would like to join, go to the membership tab and register your membership.
- The Center has established a series of publications including a research monograph series and a newsletter entitled Update. Each publication seeks to further the understanding of the fraternity in higher education. Our library includes work from our inception in 1979 through about 1993. Membership includes one free copy of each new publication when it is released. The following is a list of publications currently available for our members.
- Brotherhood and the Bottle (1992)
- Enhancing the Quality of Greek Life (1982)
- Fraternity for the Year 2000 (1976)
- Organizational Induction Rituals and their Impact on Individual Values (1998)
- Status of the College Fraternity and Sorority (several years of data)
- Student Development Applications to Greek Letter Organizations (1988)
- The Greek Experience: A Study of Fraternities and Sororities at the University of Minnesota (1996)
- The Influences of Student Involvement by Sorority Membership (1987)
- The Undergraduate Experiences of Alumni Who Support Their Alma Mater (1988)
- Update Newsletter (issues from 1983-2000)
- The Center also has compiled an Annotated Bibliography of fraternity and sorority research. This is organized by the following: 1950-1970; 1970s; 1980-1985; 1986-1990; 1990-1995; an addendum of research between 1990-1996; and 1996-2010.
- The present annotated bibliography was compiled for CSCF by Thomas B. Jelke, Ph.D of t.jelke solutions and Courtney Greene McDonald, M.L.S., Head, Discovery & Research Services at Indiana University. This compilation contains academic journal articles and dissertations related to fraternity and sorority life from 2009-2014.
Through our partnership with the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors (AFA), we have been able to support the publication of research on the fraternal movement.
The Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors provides a scholarly research journal, Oracle: The Research Journal of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors (Oracle). CSCF is pleased to have served as a partner in the creation of the journal. We continue to work with AFA to promote research in the profession. Oracle is published twice annually. AFA members can access the journal through the Association's website. Non-members may access issues prior to the most current issue. Subscriptions are also available.