Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Bowling (1 cr)
E117 | 6593-6603 | Staff
**Classes are taught at the Indiana Memorial Union bowling lanes.
**E117 requires a special fee of $50.00 which must be paid at the IMU
lanes by the second week of classes.
Two 50 minute periods per week
Beginning instruction in the fundamentals of approach, release, arm swing,
methods of scoring, rules, and etiquette.
This course should enable you to:
1. select bowling equipment that is right for you;
2. understand the etiquette, safety considerations, and basic terminology
associated with the game;
3. demonstrate the proper grip, set-up, pendulum swing, footwork, delivery,
ball dynamics, and targeting;
4. understand and correctly apply scoring procedures;
5. become competent enough to enjoy bowling recreationally.
Students who have their own equipment are welcome to use it during class.
Shoes and ball will be available for class use.
FEE: Requires special fee. See fee page
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
a student has 3 options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the insturctor and/or the Elective
The student's final grade in E117 Bowling will be computed based on
performance of skill proficiency requirements (70% and a written knowledge