Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Personal Fitness (2 cr)
E119 | 6604-6626 | Staff
You can choose any one of these three activities for your lab; Aerobic
Dance, Aquatic Conditioning, Conditioning & Weight Training
One 50 minute lecture period per week, plus two 50 minute Labs per week.
1st 8 week course available for Fall; lecture meets 150 minutes one time per
week and lab meets 75 minutes one time per week.
Sections 6604-6608 meets for the FIRST WEEK WEEKS ONLY!
Emphasis is on developing a personalized program of healthy exercise. This
is geared to all students, including those who have had no previous athletic
ground or physical education experiences. The overall aim is to provide an
atmosphere conducive to helping students develop a sound foundation for
a healthy active lifestyle.
The course is designed to help the student to:
1) improve muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and aerobic
and have an overall successful fitness experience.
2) gain a realistic assessment of his or her current fitness level while
in health related fitness tests.
3) plan and develop an exercise program based on sound fitness principles
4) develop and maintain an exercise log in order to progress in a safe,
systematic and effective manner.
Students are allowed a maximum of 4 absences. Absences can bemade up within
one week of the absence. Upon a fifth absence (without any
makeups) a student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
The final grade in E119 Personal Fitness will be computed according to one's
performance on three exams and attendance in the lecture segment. In the
segment, the student is graded on attendance, personal fitness workbook
and attendance. Students are not graded against fitness norms and
standards. In summary, the total grade is determined on attendance,
written exams, workbook and personal profile.