Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Fitness & Jogging (1 cr)
E133 | 6633-6636 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week.
SECTIONS 6633-6634 meets for one 55 minute period four times per week for
the SECOND EIGHT WEEKS!
SECTIONS 6635-6636 meets for one 50 minute period two times per week for
the ENTIRE SEMESTER.
Beginning instruction in the basic principles of fitness as they apply to a
program. Emphasis on cardiorespiratory endurance and flexibility. Only S/F
This course should enable you to:
1. develop your own fitness and jogging program;
2. identify proper techniques for running and jogging;
3. identify the components of fitness, nutritional demands, common
injuries associated with running, and the differences between
and anaerobic exercise;
4. calculate target heart rate;
5. continue an exercise program developed in this course.
Students are required to wear clothing suitable for jogging/running,
including proper footwear. Be prepared for changing weather conditions.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student may:
1) receive an F in the class;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or the Elective
This is a Satisfactory/Fail class. Only S or F grades are given.
Satisfactory performance includes the following:
1. miss no more than three (3) classes
2. complete three (3) times 1.5 mile runs;
3. complete a class journal.