Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Beginning Tap Dance (1 cr)
E154 | 6672-6673 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week.
Beginning level course in the technique and styles of tap dance, including
tap history and appreciation.
At the conclusion of the course, each student should be able to:
1. execute basic tap steps and combinations;
2. perform two full-length tap pieces;
3. demonstrate an understanding of rhythmic structure by creating their own
Simple tap combinations.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor ad/or the Elective
Students grades will be based primarily on attendance, and effort shown in
class. Consideration will be given to the quality of in-class performance
of routines, to include:
1. rhythmic and stylistic accuracy
2. musicality and expressions
This evaluation will take into consideration the students individual