Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Racquetball (1 cr)
E159 | 6677-6686 | Staff
ALL sections meet two 50 minute periods per week for the entire semester.
Instruction in basic skills for beginning players. Includes proper use of
equipment, basic shots, rules and etiquette, service and returns, and game
This course should enable you to:
1. select racquetball equipment that is right for you;
2. demonstrate the proper grips, and techniques for the forehand, backhand,
ceiling pass and pinch shots and drive, lob, and z-serves;
3. understand the scoring procedures and the basic rules of play;
4. identify the etiquette, safety considerations, and basic terminology
associated with the game of racquetball.
Students are encouraged to have their own racquetball racquet.
Racquets and eye guards may be checked out from the equipment room in HPER
199 with a student ID. Eye guards must be worn at ALL times during class.
Each student is required to bring one NEW can of racquetballs to class. The
instructor will collect the balls and bring them to class each day. The
should be given to the instructor at the second class meeting.
Dress in active wear and court shoes (running shoes not recommended). You
rent a locker for changing and keeping clothes and books in during class.
you bring books and clothing to the court area you should leave them on the
upper deck area but not on the cat walk.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
a student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and the Elective
Your final grade in E159 Racquetball will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge test