Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Intermediate T'ai Chi Ch'uan (1 cr)
E248 | 6762 | Pearce
Two 50 minute periods per week.
The Intermediate class examines the everyday practice of
T'ai Chi Ch'uan. Course presents refinement of William C.C. Chen's sixty
movements Form, Da Lu, Form Applications and Push-Hands. Provides examples
of neutralizing, throwing, striking and strategic and philosophic concepts.
Completion of this course enable you to:
1. Refine the practice of T' ai Chi Ch'uan.
2. Refine mental concentration and attentional skills.
3. Refine physical mechanics for hitting, lifting and throwing.
4. Introduces Chinese strategic concepts.
5. Introduces interactive martial training.
Wear clothing which is loose and comfortable. Cotton-soled shoes,
white shirt and black pants are required. Other martial arts uniforms may
substituted. Levis or other jeans are not acceptable!
Mastery: The Keys to Long-term Success and Fulfillment, George Leonard
Tao of Leadership, John Heider
Tao Te Ching: A New English Version, Stephen Mitchell
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Grades are determined by class performance, papers, midterm and final exam.