Theatre & Drama | Acting II
T220 | 4482-4486 | McGibbon
T220 Sections 4482-4486
3 credit hours
Asst. Professor Murray McGibbon
4482 - 10:30a-12:15p MW in TH125. This section intended for majors.
4483 - 2:30p-4:15p MW in AY 195. This section taught by Assoc.
4484 - 2:30-4:15p in TH 240.
4485 - 2:30-4:15 TR in AY 195.
4486 - 4:30-6:15p TR in AY 195.
THTR T120 and intructor recommendation.
1. An exploration of physical and vocal exercises to facilitate
relaxation and self-awareness.
2. A basic approach to scene analysis in order to reveal behavioral
clues, stimulate the imagination, and create identification with the
characters in the play.
3. A continued search for playable truth in a scene through the use
of GOTE, physical and sensory exploration, and approaches to character
identification through compilation of a characer sketch and the
creation of a collage.
4. Application of the above goals through selection, rehearsal,
presentation and reworking of a poem, two scenes, and one monologue.
5. The observation of actors in performance leading to written
comments on the choices they made in developing their role.
The Actor's Scene Book. M. Owen.
Introduction to Acting. S. Kahan and K. W. Rugg.