Health, Physical Education and Recreation | Nutrition for Health
N220 | 6546 | Lindeman
HPER N220 Nutrition for Health
Applied Health Science
CLASS MEETS: Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 P.M. - 2:15 P.M.
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Alice K. Lindeman, HPER 136, (812) 855-6437
Wardlaw, G. Contemporary Nutrition: Issues and Inquiries, 4th
edition. Mosby Year Book: NY 1999. Includes 2 CD ROMs with it:
Food Works 2.0 - College Edition (nutrition software) and E-TEXT
(provides text, media, study and web-based materials)
Publisher provides a web site with an on-line learning center and
study guide for each chapter, including quizzes for practice:
N220 is offered as a general beginning course in human nutrition for
students outside of majors in dietetics or nutrition science.
Emphasis is placed on the role of food and nutrients in sustaining
health. Current concepts and controversies in nutrition are
1. Students are expected to attend class on time and be willing to
2. Exams: There are four (4) exams (including the final exam). Each
exam is worth 40 points. The final is not cumulative.
3. Computer Modules: Nutrition for a Health Lifestyle
4. Diet Analysis project (40 points)
5. Food Label Activity (20 points)
220 points are achievable