Theatre and Drama | Acting II
T220 | ALL | --
T220 Acting II: Scene Study
Prerequisites: THTR T120 and instructor recommendation.
1. An exploration of physical and vocal exercises to facilitate
relaxation and self-awareness.
2. A basic approach to scene analysis in order to reveal behavioral
clues, to stimulate the imagination, and create identification with
the characters in the play.
3. A continued search for playable truth in a scene utilizing GOTE,
physical and sensory exploration, and approaches to character
identification through compilation of a character sketch and the
creation of a collage.
4. Application of the above goals through selection, rehearsal,
presentation and reworking of a poem, two scenes, and one monologue.
5. The observation of actors in performance leading to written
comments on the choices they made in developing their role.