Health, Physical Education and Recreation | Management of Leisure Services
R466 | TBA | Sarah Young
Description of Course Content: The course is designed to equip
students with basic knowledge and abilities necessary to administer a
public, not-for-profit, or commercial leisure service agency, or
division of an agency.
Recommended Book List:
There is no required text for this course, but there are a number of
Summary of Assignments:
• Exams. There will be a total of three objective and short answer
exams given during the semester.
• Case Studies. Real-life situations will be presented corresponding
with the topics of discussion in class. The purpose is to apply
course tools, concepts and analysis to develop a response to each case
• Manager Interview. Each student will be required to identify and
interview a person who works in a management position within the RLS
• Board Meeting Report. Each student will be required to attend a
public board and summarize the topics and group dynamics in a brief
• Management Issues Presentation. Students will work alone or in
groups to research and present a management issue to class.