Health, Physical Education and Recreation | Management of Leisure Services
R466 | 17928 | Rasul Mowatt
Class Times 11:15a – 12:05p Days: MWF
Location: HPER 013 Additional
Description of Course Content: The course is designed to equip
students with basic knowledge and abilities necessary to administer
a public, not-for-profit, or commercial leisure service agency, or
division of an agency.
Recommended Book List:
There is no required text for this course, but there are a number of
Summary of Assignments:
• Exams. There will be a total of three objective and short
answer exams given during the semester.
• Case Studies. Real-life situations will be presented
corresponding with the topics of discussion in class. The purpose
is to apply course tools, concepts and analysis to develop a
response to each case situation.
• Manager Interview. Each student will be required to
identify and interview a person who works in a management position
within the RLS industry.
• Board Meeting Report. Each student will be required to
attend a public board and summarize the topics and group dynamics in
a brief report.
• Management Issues Presentation. Students will work alone or
in groups to research and present a management issue to class.