The course aims to develop and practice skills and techniques
Arabic as a Foreign/Second Language to adults, in the context
of a) recent
approaches and research into language and language teaching;
needs for learning Arabic and national recommendations and
as Proficiency Guidelines); and c) Arabic language applied at
- To introduce the linguistic and cognitive dimensions of
pragmatic semantics, grammar, written and spoken differences).
- To acquaint the students with the principles and the current
related to learning a first and a foreign/second language.
- To enable students to apply the principles of performance
teaching/learning to Arabic in the context of NELC Arabic
- To enable the students to evaluate, adapt, and be able to
instructional media used in learning and teaching Arabic as a
language: textbooks, audio and audio-visual materials and
language learning materials as well as writing new materials.
- To introduce the students to recent trends and research in
teaching and learning.
NOTE: This course is open to Graduate Students with 2.5 years
or by Departmental Consent.