Second Language Studies | Experimental Methods in L2 Lab Phonology
S600 | 16822 | Darcy
SLST S600: Experimental Methods in L2 Laboratory Phonology
Thursdays: 4 – 6.30 pm
This course will familiarize students with different methods and
computing skills used in Laboratory Phonology Research and
specifically in L2 Phonology Research.
· To become familiar with many common techniques used in (L2)
· To understand the relationship between methods and research
· To learn to use some important tools for doing phonetics and
· To learn how to program a simple perception experiment
· To learn how to analyze it in simple ways (basic statistics)
· Students need at a minimum to be familiar with phonetics.
Recommended background: L541 Introduction to phonetics.
· Laptop computer would be an advantage to work during the
class. If not available, please contact Instructor as soon as
possible to make arrangements (Lab Class or the like)