Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Badminton (1 cr)
E105 | 6348-6350 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week
Beginning instruction in basic skills and techniques for singles and doubles
play. Emphasis on rules, skills, and strategy.
This course should enable you to:
1. demonstrate the proper techniques and footwork for the long serve, short
serve, clear, drive, hairpin drop, overhead drop, and smash;
2. demonstrate a working knowledge of scoring procedures and rules of play;
3. demonstrate knowledge of terms, safety considerations, and etiquette of
the game of badminton.
Badminton racquets and shuttlecocks are provided. Students may bring their
own racquets if they want to. Students MUST wear court shoes. Black-soled
running shoes, sandals, and street shoes are not permitted.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student has 3 options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E105 Badminton will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge test