Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Basketball (1 cr)
E111 | 6359-6365 | Staff
All sections meet two 50 minute periods per week for the entire
Instruction in fundamental skills of shooting, passing, ball-handling,
strategies of offensive and defensive play, and interpretation of rules.
This course should enable you to:
1. demonstrate a working knowledge of the rules and terminology of the game
2. correctly demonstrate basic skills such as passing, shooting, dribbling,
man-to-man defense, footwork;
3. perform skills that are used in team settings for 3 v. 3, 5 v. 5 play
as screening, post moves, reading screens, defending screens, fast
patterns, half-court offensive and defensive play.
Balls are provided.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences; upon a fourth absence,
the student has 3 options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E111 Basketball will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge test