Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Golf (1 cr)
E135 | 6425-6430 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week.
FEE: A fee of $50.00 is required and payable at the IU Golf Course.
Beginning instruction in techniques for putting, chipping, iron and wood
Rules and etiquette of golf. Students will play Par 3 course. Fee charged.
This course should enable the student to:
1. identify parts and features of a golf course;
2. identify different clubs and parts of clubs;
3. describe and execute the grip, stance, and swing for the putt,
4. state and interpret the major rules of golf;
5. understand and practice the etiquette of the game of golf.
Students are encouraged to bring their own clubs. Clubs may be checked-out
for use during class. Golf shoes or tennis shoes are appropriate. Hiking
boots or shoes with cleated soles cannot be worn on putting greens.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, a student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and the Elective
Final grades will be calculated based on a written knowledge test
(approximately 30%) and skills tests (approximately 70%).