Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Gymnastics (1 cr)
E137 | 6431-6434 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week
Basic instruction in tumbling, and floor gymnastics. Emphasis on form and
flow of basic stunts and transitions.
This course should enable you to:
1. Participate in the individual sport of gymnastics;
2. Gain an understanding of the mechanics and aesthetics of gymnastic
3. Understand and practice good conditioning and safety methods;
4. Perform floor routines emphasizing good form, execution and transition.
Wear clothing appropriate for gymnastic activity. No shoes are allowed on
the gymnastics floor area (blue carpet). Jewelry is highly not recommended
and dangerous. You can rent a locker to keep your belongings in during
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence a student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E137 Gymnastics will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency test.