Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Soccer (1 cr)
E165 | 6484-6485 | Staff
One 50 minute period four times per week FOR THE FIRST EIGHT WEEKS ONLY!
Beginning instruction of fundamental soccer skills including passing,
control, heading, and goalkeeping. Instruction in offensive and defensive
of play, rules, and terminology.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: This course should enable you to:
1. demonstrate proper techniques of ball control, heading, passing,
shooting, and goalkeeping;
2. apply these skills in small-sided games and in match situations;
3. demonstrate a working knowledge of the rules of soccer.
Balls will be provided for the class. Students should dress appropriately
for class -
jeans, street shoes are not appropriate. Students should wear soccer shoes,
trainers, or tennis shoes. Running shoes are not recommended.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, a student has three options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E165 Soccer will be computed according to your
performance on skill proficiency (70%) and a written knowledge test (30%).