Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Trap & Skeet (1 cr)
E183 | 6495-6497 | Grannan
FEE: ***Requires special fee of $50.00 payable at HPER 291 by second week
Meets one - one hour and 55 minute period one time per week
for the FIRST EIGHT WEEKS ONLY.
This course provides instruction in firearms safety and shotgun
Emphasis on safe and efficient use of target shotguns.
1. To develop correct safety procedures and attitudes.
2. To introduce the student to the recreational aspect of shooting.
3. To develop an understanding of basic shooting techniques.
4. To encourage development of proficiency in target shotgunning, and
in introduction to competitive shooting.
COURSE OUTLINE: The following topics will be covered:
-Introduction to the shotgun sport
-What is a shotgun
-Explanation of shotgun games
-Safe gun handling and range etiquette
-Reloading and what it involves
-The single stage reloading machine
-Class participation in reloading
-Range time/Actual shooting
National Rifle Association, Basic Shotgun Instruction.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
EVALUATION AND CRITERIA FOR GRADING:
Attendance: Shotgun safety lesson and reloading lab are MANDATORY! Students
not attending these lectures will not be permitted to shoot.
Shooting Success - 40%
Safety Attitude, Class participation - 60%