Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Golf-Intermediate (1 cr)
E235 | 6545 | Staff
HPER E135 or permission of instructor
One 50 minute period four times per week for FIRST EIGHT WEEKS ONLY. Meets
at IU Golf Course.
FEE: A fee of $50.00 is required and payable at the IU Golf Course.
Review techniques for putting, chipping, iron and wood strokes. Focus on
skills and developing specialty shots. Rules and etiquette of golf.
play championship course. Fee charged.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: This course should enable the student to:
1. identify parts and features of a golf course;
2. identify different clubs and parts of clubs;
3. describe and execute the grip, stance, and swing for the putt, chip,
4. state and interpret the major rules of golf;
5. understand and practice the etiquette of the game of golf;
6. begin to develop course management skills while playing.
Students are encouraged to bring their own clubs. Clubs may be checked-out
for use during class. Golf shoes or tennis shoes are appropriate.
Hiking boots or shoes with cleated soles cannot be worn on putting greens.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, a student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and the Elective
Final grades will be calculated based on a written knowledge test
(approximately 30%) and skills tests (approximately 70%).