Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Intermediate Racquetball (1 cr)
E259 | 6556 | Staff
Two 50 minute periods per week
Review of beginning skills, rules and terminology and techniques for
singles, cut-throat and doubles play. Emphasis on executing skills in match
situations. Class emphasizes strategies including court position, offensive
play, defensive play, serve, and return of serve.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: This course should enable you to:
1. demonstrate the proper techniques and footwork for the serves,
play, ceiling play, volley, passing shots, kill shot, and pinch
2. demonstrate a working knowledge of scoring procedures and rules of
3. demonstrate knowledge of terms, safety considerations, and etiquette
the game of racquetball.
Racquets and goggles are available for check-out. Students are encouraged
to bring their own racquet and goggles. GOGGLES ARE MANDATORY!
Each student must supply one can of new balls for use in the class.
MUST wear court shoes. Black-soled running shoes, sandals, and street shoes
are not permitted.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth
absence, the student has 3 options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E259 Intermediate Racquetball will be computed according
to your performance on skill proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge