Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Tennis Intermediate (1 cr)
E281 | 6575-6576 | O'Connell
E281 Tennis Intermediate meets at the Tennis Center.
REQUIRES A SPECIAL FEE - SEE FEE PAGE!
Three 60 minute meetings per week. SECOND EIGHT WEEKS ONLY.
Catalogue description - Instruction in spin serve, volley, lob, and advanced
placement. Emphasis on singles and doubles playing strategy.
1. To provide a comprehensive review of the strokes of tennis;
2. To provide an opportunity to uncover any weaknesses that may be
preventing you from becoming a better player;
3. To provide competitive practice to develop consistency and control of
4. To provide competitive situations in which each of the strokes and
strategies can be used.
Students must have their own tennis racquet. Each student is required to
one can of NEW tennis balls. The instructor will collect the balls and
bring them to
class each day. The balls should be given to the instructor at the second
Some type of court shoe; black-soled running shoes and street shoes of any
kind are not allowed.
Students are allowed a maximum of 3 absences. Upon a fourth absence a
student has three (3) options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the class;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and the Elective
Your final grade will be computed according to your performance on skill
proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge test (30%).