Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Advanced Hapkido (1 cr)
E347 | 6583 | Staff
A purple belt technical level in hapkido or permission of the instructor.
Two 50 minute periods per week.
Designed to give students an increased understanding and an appreciation of
art of Hapkido. Content emphasis involves advanced applications of hapkido
techniques and self defense. Students should achieve the technical level of
belt in hapkido by mid-term and brown belt by finals.
A. To provide an increased level of proficiency and awareness of the
1. To provide a knowledge, an understanding, and an appreciation of the
psychological and philosophical fundamentals required to participate in the
art of Hapkido.
2. To help develop a degree of proficiency that will enable the student to
participate with satisfaction in the art of Hapkido.
3. To provide an opportunity to develop mental abilities by requiring the
exercise of the powers of judgment, discipline, reasoning, imagination,
and thoughtful deliberation.
4. To encourage the use of the martial arts and hapkido as a lifetime
5. To provide an understanding of how the kinesiological principles and body
dynamics in the martial arts are applied when performing the skills of
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
the student has 3 options:
1) receive a grade of F;
2) officially withdraw from the course;
3) follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your grade in this class will be determined as follows:
1. One written exam (30%)
2. Two skills exams (70%)
Each student is required to have a martial arts uniform
"An Introduction to Hapkido", by Donald J. Burns