3 cr. hrs.
- This course offers:
- *an introduction to basic physical, vocal, and imaginative skills for
the beginning actor
- *a constant demonstration of the cooperative process of acting
- *an introduction to evaluating effective acting choices by attendance
at IU Theatre productions
- *learning to play an action.
- Robert Cohen: Acting One
- David Mamet: Goldberg Street
- Book of Acting Scenes - TBA
- Supplemental reading
- PAPERS: two Actor Response papers based on viewing of IU Theatre
- EXAMS: Mid-term and Final Scene and Analysis
- OTHER: Preparation and presentation of two major scenes: one from
Goldberg Street and the other from a contemporary American
play. These require rehearsal outside of class.
Regular attendance, punctuality, and active participation are
vitally important for success in this course.
- Sec. 4301 MW 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4302 MW 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4303 MW 3:00p-4:45p
- Sec. 4304 MW 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4305 MW 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4306 TR 8:30a-10:15a
- Sec. 4307 TR 10:30a-12:15p
- Sec. 4308 TR 12:30p-2:15p (This section structured for students of
- Sec. 4309 TR 2:30p-4:15p
- Sec. 4310 TR 2:30p-4:15p
- Sec. 4311 TR 2:30p-4:15p (This section open to Theatre Majors only.
University Division pre-majors see Undergraduate Advisor in TH230 for
- Sec. 4312 TR 2:30p-4:15p
- Sec. 4313 TR 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4314 TR 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4315 TR 4:30p-6:15p
- Sec. 4316 TR 4:30p-6:15p