Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Basketball (1 cr)
E111 | 6184-6190 | Staff
Sections 6188, 6189, and 6190 meets one 50 minute period two times per week
for the entire
Sections 6184 & 6185 meets one 50 minute period four times per week for the
Sections 6186 & 6187 meets one 50 minute period four times per week
for the SECOND EIGHT WEEKS ONLY.
Instruction in fundamental skills of shooting, passing, ball-handling,
footwork, basic strategies of
offensive and defensive play, and interpretation of rules.
This course should enable you to:
1. demonstrate a working knowledge of the rules and terminology of the game
2. correctly demonstrate basic skills such as passing, shooting, dribbling,
3. perform skills that are used in team settings for 3 v. 3, 5 v. 5 play
such as screening, post
moves, reading screens, defending screens, fast break patterns, half-court
offensive and defensive
Balls are provided.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences; upon a
fourth absence, the
student has three (3) options:
1. receive an F in the class;
2. officially withdraw from the class;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E111 Basketball will be computed according to your
performance on skill
proficiency tests (70%) and a written knowledge test (30%).