Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Bowling (1 cr)
E117 | 6197-6207 | Staff
**Classes are taught at the Indiana Memorial Union bowling lanes.
**E117 requires a special fee of $40.00 will be assessed by Bursar at time
One 50 minute period two times a week
Beginning instruction in the fundamentals of approach, release, arm swing,
methods of scoring,
rules, and etiquette.
This course should enable you to:
1. select bowling equipment that is right for you;
2. understand the etiquette, safety considerations, and basic terminology
associated with the
3. demonstrate the proper grip, set-up, pendulum swing, footwork, delivery,
ball dynamics, and
4. understand and correctly apply scoring procedures;
5. become competent enough to enjoy bowling recreationally.
Students who have their own equipment are welcome to use it during class.
Shoes and ball will be available for class use.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences. Upon a
fourth absence, a
student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the class;
3. follow an appeal procedure with the instructor and/or Elective Program
The student's final grade in E117 Bowling will be computed based on
performance of skill
proficiency requirements (70% and a written knowledge exam (30%).