Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Personal Fitness (2 cr)
E119 | 6208-6232 | Staff
One 50 minute lecture period per week, plus two 50 minute Labs per week.
A special fee of $25.00 is required and charged at the time of registration.
You can choose any one of these three activities for your lab; Aerobic
Conditioning, Conditioning & Weight Training
Emphasis is on developing a personalized program of healthy exercise. This
course is geared to
all students, including those who have had no previous athletic background
or limited experiences
in healthy physical education activity. The overall aim is to provide an
atmosphere conducive to
helping students develop a sound foundation for enjoying a healthy active
This course should enable you to:
1. Participate in fitness activities to improve muscular strength, muscular
endurance, flexibility and
2. Maintain an exercise log to monitor Frequency, Type, Intensity and
Duration of activity.
3. Perform various fitness tests to evaluate your current fitness levels.
4. Plan and prescribe an exercise program for yourself based on fitness
goals you set.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences. Upon a
fourth absence a
student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the class;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your final grade in E119 Personal Fitness will be computed according to your
attendance, three exams in the lecture, attendance and personal fitness
workbook project in the