Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Fitness and Jogging (1 cr)
E133 | 6240-6243 | Staff
Two fifty minute periods per week
None. Supplementary materials may be handed out by instructor.
Sections 6240 and 6241 meet SECOND EIGHT WEEKS ONLY
Sections 6242 and 6243 meet ENTIRE SEMESTER
Beginning instruction in the basic principles of fitness as they apply to a
Emphasis will be placed on learning how to train/workout, cardiorespiratory
walking/jogging technique, and flexibility.
Student should be able to:
1. Participate regularly in jogging and fitness activities.
2. Learn correct walking and jogging technique, and safety as applied to
jogging and fitness.
3. Learn basic fitness principles, including heartrate,
base/strength/speed training pplied to
jogging, workout design and stretching.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences. Upon a
fourth absence the
student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective