Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Chi Gong (1 cr)
E144 | 6248-6249 | Staff
One class period for 1 hour and 40 minutes
Chan, Luke. 101 Miracles of Natural Healing. Cincinnati, Ohio: Benefactor
Pr., 1996. Audio
tape: Lift Chi Up/Pour Chi Down Method, sixteen minutes, Side A, Three
Standing Mehtod, Side B. Both the text and audio tape are required for this
course. (The text
and audio tape can be purchased at the Friends of Art Bookshop, Fine Arts
Building, first floor).
Each student should wear comfortable loose-fitting clothes. Athletic-style
shoes should be worn
(no boots or heavy outdoor shoes).
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences. Upon a
fourth absence the
student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Designed to give students an understanding and an appreciation of the
function of Chi Gong.
Students are expected to master a set of Chi Gong and some basic techniques
of tension release
Student should be able to:
1. To give a basic understanding of Chi Gong
2. To provide instruction in a set of Chi Gong
3. To provide basic techniques of relaxation
4. To supply basic skills of self healing
2 skills exam (50%) each, class participation.