Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Riflery (1 cr)
E161 | 6286-6289 | Grannan
All four sections meet one - one hour and 55 minute period per week for the
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) unexcused absences. Upon a
fourth absence the
student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
***A special fee of $35.00 to be paid in HPER 291 by second week of
Instruction in firearm safety and marksmanship. Emphasis on skill
development in safe and
efficient use of small bore target rifles.
1. To develop correct safety procedures and attitudes.
2. To develop an understanding of basic shooting positions.
3. To encourage development of proficiency in target rifle shooting and
provide an introduction to
competitive shooting for recreational use after college.
The following topics will be covered:
Orientation & Introduction
Shooting prone position
Shooting sitting position
Kneeling shooting position
Standing shooting position
National Rifle Association, Basic Rifle Marksmanship.
NOTE: Range safety lecture is mandatory. Students not attending this
lecture will not be
permitted to shoot.
1. Uniform not required, but jeans and sweatshirt recommended.
2. Eye protection (shooting glasses) mandatory!
3. Hearing protection provided.