Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Trap & Skeet (1 cr)
E183 | 6301-6304 | Grannan
***A special fee of $50.00 is required and payable at HPER 291 by second
Meets one - one hour and 55 minute period one time per week for the SECOND
EIGHT WEEKS ONLY.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
the student has three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
This course provides instruction in firearms safety and shotgun
marksmanship. Emphasis on safe
and efficient use of target shotguns.
1. To develop correct safety procedures and attitudes.
2. To introduce the student to the recreational aspect of shooting.
3. To develop an understanding of basic shooting techniques.
4. To encourage development of proficiency in target shotgunning, and
provide in introduction to
The following topics will be covered:
-Introduction to the shotgun sport
-What is a shotgun
-Explanation of shotgun games
-Safe gun handling and range etiquette
-Reloading and what it involves
-The single stage reloading machine
-Class participation in reloading
-Range time/Actual shooting
National Rifle Association, Basic Shotgun Instruction.
EVALUATION AND CRITERIA FOR GRADING:
Attendance: Shotgun safety lesson and reloading lab are MANDATORY! Students
these lectures will not be permitted to shoot.
Shooting Success 40%
Safety Attitude, Class participation 60%