Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Intermediate T'ai Chi Ch'uan (1 cr)
E248 | 6355 | Pearce
One 50 minute period two times a week for the entire semester.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
the students has
three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
The Intermediate class examines the everyday practice of T'ai Chi Ch'uan.
refinement of William C.C. Chen's sixty movements Form, Da Lu, Form
Push-Hands. Provides examples of neutralizing, throwing, striking and
strategic and philosophic
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Completion of this course enable you to:
1. Refine the practice of T' ai Chi Ch'uan.
2. Refine mental concentration and attentional skills.
3. Refine physical mechanics for hitting, lifting and throwing.
4. Introduces Chinese strategic concepts.
5. Introduces interactive martial training.
Wear clothing which is loose and comfortable. Cotton-soled shoes, white
shirt and black pants
are required. Other martial arts uniforms may be substituted.
Levis or other jeans are not acceptable!
Mastery: The Keys to Long-term Success and Fulfillment, George Leonard Tao
Tao Te Ching: A New English Version, Stephen Mitchell
Grades are determined by class performance, papers, midterm and final exam.