Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Tennis - Intermediate (1cr)
E281 | 6378-6380 | O'Connell
Sections 6378 and 6379 meet FIRST EIGHT WEEKS ONLY for a 60 minute period
Section 6380 MEETS SECOND EIGHT WEEKS ONLY for a 60 minute period three
All three above sections meet in the Tennis Pavilion.
A special fee of $90.00 is required and payable at Tennis Pavillion by
second week of classes.
Catalogue description: Instruction in spin serve, volley, lob, and advanced
Emphasis on singles and doubles playing strategy.
1. To provide a comprehensive review of the strokes of tennis;
2. To provide an opportunity to uncover any weaknesses that may be
preventing you from
becoming a better player;
3. To provide competitive practice to develop consistency and control of
4. To provide competitive situations in which each of the strokes and
strategies can be used.
Students must have their own tennis racquet. Each student is required to
supply one can of NEW
tennis balls. The instructor will collect the balls and bring them to class
each day. The balls
should be given to the instructor at the second class meeting.
Some type of court shoe; black-soled running shoes and street shoes of any
kind are not allowed.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
a student has
three (3) options:
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the class;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and the Elective
Your final grade will be computed according to your performance on skill
proficiency tests (70%)
and a written knowledge test (30%).