Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Advanced Hapkido (1 cr)
E347 | 6386 | Staff
A purple belt technical level in hapkido or permission of the instructor.
One fifty minute periods two times per week.
Designed to give students an increased understanding and an appreciation of
the art of Hapkido.
Content emphasis involves advanced applications of hapkido techniques and
Students should achieve the technical level of a blue belt in hapkido by
mid-term and brown belt
A. To provide an increased level of proficiency and awareness of the
1. To provide a knowledge, an understanding, and an appreciation of the
philosophical fundamentals required to participate in the art of Hapkido.
2. To help develop a degree of proficiency that will enable the student to
satisfaction in the art of Hapkido.
3. To provide an opportunity to develop mental abilities by requiring the
exercise of the powers
of judgment, discipline, reasoning, imagination, and thoughtful
4. To encourse the use of the martial arts and hapkido as a lifetime
5. To provide an understanding of how the kinesiological principles and
body dynamics in the
martial arts are applied when performing the skills of hapkido.
Students are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences. Upon a fourth absence
the student has 3
1. receive a grade of F;
2. officially withdraw from the course;
3. follow an appeal procedure through your instructor and/or the Elective
Your grade in this class will be determined as follows:
1. One written exam (30%)
2. Two skills exams (70%)
Each student is required to have a martial arts uniform
An Introduction to Hapkido by Donald J. Burns