Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Effective Teaching Strategies in Physical Education (1-3)
K500 | 6109 | Cothran
The seminar focuses on current research and effective teaching practices in
During the semester students will gain a theoretical foundation for
effective teaching strategies,
use systematic observation to identify effective teaching strategies, and
have opportunities to
implement those strategies in a teaching practicum.
None. A variety of assigned readings are on file in the library.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Identify and implement a variety of effective teaching practices.
2. Utilize their knowledge of effective teaching practices in the design
of quality learning
experiences and lesson plans.
3. Identify and apply effective class management and discipline
4. Demonstrate effective planning, management, and teaching skills in peer
5. Reflectively analyze their own and others' teaching practices.
Teaching Paper - 25%
Daily participation and assignments - 25%
Exam - 25%
Teaching Practicum - 25%
A+ = 97-100 A = 94-96 A- = 90-93
B+ = 87-89 B = 84-86 B- = 80-83
C+ = 77-79 C = 74-76 C- = 70-73
D+ = 67-69 D = 64-66 D- = 60-63
F = Below 60