Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Professional Seminar in Physical Education
P414 | 6084 | Cothran
Meets for 60 minutes daily.
Students must be senior students in the physical education teacher education
simultaneously enrolled in M456.
None. A variety of assigned readings are on file in the library.
The seminar focuses on a reflective approach to teaching physical education.
include personal philosophies and their impact on the teaching
structures, and assessment. Additionally, the course will cover job
portfolios, and topics identified by students.
1. Demonstrate their professional competence via development of their
2. Describe a variety of curriculum models and demonstrate the appropriate
use of each.
3. Present their personal education philosophy and identify curricular
models consistent with
4. Identify and describe effective student motivation strategies.
5. Analyze current problems and issues in physical education.
Curriculum & Assessment Project 25
Current Issues Discussion 10
Motivation Project 10
Participation & Daily Assignments 15
A+ = 97-100 A = 94-96 A- = 90-93
B+ = 87-89 B = 84-86 B- = 80-83
C+ = 77-79 C = 74-76 C- = 70-73
D+ = 67-69 D = 64-66 D- = 60-63
F = Below 60