Health, Physical Education And Recreation | Tourism Systems Planning (3cr)
R450 | 6477 | R Brayley
Tourism Systems Planning
8:00a-9:15a TR WH005
Description: Components of the tourism-park recreation development system
and the concepts of planning resource use at the larger-than-site scale.
Physical and program factors important to development for visitor use.
1. To understand tourism as a tool for development
2. To understand the elements that contribute to tourism development
3. To apply tourism elements in cases by analysis and examining specific
cases and formulating a case
4. To gain a international perspective through case analysis of a region
5. To gain exposure to tourism planning models
6. To investigate different facets of tourism development applied to a
variety of settings
7. To effectively use tourism terminology
8. To obtain a wider more critical and analytical view of tourism
development and learn how to use creativity in the process
Required Book List:
A set of readings is available at TIS Bookstores.
Summary of Assignments: Adventure in tourism planning project,
participation and attendance, case studies and quizzes and analysis.